April 23-25, 2018
Ellis Fall Safety Solutions offers this accelerated training for degreed engineers only. This is a 3 day online & interactive course covering both Competent Person and Qualified Person fall protection requirements consistent with the ANSI Z359 Fall Protection Code and OSHA Fall Protection Standards 29CFR1926.500 and 1910 Regulations. It will prepare individuals to be designated both Competent and Qualified Person in fall protection by your Company.
This is an interactive, multi-media, online course to get engineers actively involved in designing solutions for preventing falls and reducing fall risks in their workplace. Through use of lecture, discussions, demonstrations, case studies and design application activities, participants will learn to understand and apply principles, code, and standards to real-life fall protection situations.
At the completion of the course, participants and/or teams will be able to:
- Solve and resolve fall hazard situations
- Understand regulatory basis for fall protection
- Design and implement a fall protection job plan
- Use quantifiable techniques for appraising risk
- Understand rescue considerations
- Quantify maximum arresting forces
- Understand the physics of a fall
- Design anchor points for the attachment of personal fall arrest systems
- Design Horizontal/Vertical Lifeline and Rigid Rail fall arrest systems and their anchorages
- Supervise the installation and use of Horizontal/Vertical Lifeline and Rigid Rail fall arrest systems
- Document/specify fall arrest systems on engineering drawings
- Be considered by their company for Competent & Qualified Person status per OSHA 1926.32(m) and ANSI Z359 Fall Protection Code.
- Includes book “Introduction to Fall Protection” 4th Edition, by Nigel Ellis
Prerequisite – Participants must have an engineering degree AND on-the-job experience involving work at elevated locations prior to taking this class. This course can be for new candidates getting their certification or candidates renewing their certification which is mandated every two years according to ANSI Z359 Fall Protection Code.
Cost for this course is $1000 per seat. This fee is non-refundable, but someone else can attend in your place if you are unable to partake. Registration closes April 15. For more information, contact Jeff Strauss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register now by filling out the form below or calling us at 302-300-1631!