Rigging a first-worker-up fall protection system generally follows a pre-determined sequence of steps:
- To identify a suitable anchor point;
- To attach a temporary anchorage connecting component, such as an anchor strap, using a remote connecting device;
- To attach the connecting lanyard or self-retracting lanyard of the personal fall arrest system to the temporary anchorage connector;
- To connect the lanyard or self-retracting lanyard to the body support harness; and
- To verify that all conncections are secure before ascending.
See “Introduction to Fall Protection, 4th Edition” page 319.
Order your copy of “Introduction to Fall Protection, 4th Edition” today. This invaluable resource will take you from the structure design stage to post construction maintenance. Click to find out more!