The Best In Fall Expertise
Ellis Litigation Support was founded by Dr. J. Nigel Ellis. We have over 50+ years of experience in providing expert witness services in the analysis and evaluation of falls.
Our Litigation Support Services
Ellis Litigation Support is the most experienced team of fall safety experts in America. Examples of specialization regarding safety and multiple case experiences include (not all-encompassing but representative):
- Root cause analysis
- Premise Liability
- OSHA 1910 General Industry
- OSHA 1926 Construction
- ANSI Z359 Fall Protection Code
- Multi-Employer Worksite Doctrine
- New York Labor Law 200, 240(1) and 241(6)
- New York Industrial Code Rule 23
- Contractual non-delegable duties, insurances, and indemnification
- Slips and trips (same-level falls)
- Falls from elevation – hunting (stands), skylights, roofs, elevators, ladders, ironwork, stairs, cranes, towers, trucks and flatbeds, floor openings, bridges, platforms, aerial lifts, scaffolding, commercial falls, equipment/machinery, billboards, façade access equipment, transmission/communication towers
- Structural collapse, fall protection equipment failure, falling objects
- Fall protection systems, product engineering design, product failure
- 1910 General Industry and 1926 Construction Site Safety
The Best In Fall Expertise
Ellis Litigation Support team members have the expertise to apply OSHA standards, including consideration for current OSHA regulations and ANSI Z359 voluntary consensus policies, assessment of violation allegations, and the determination of what action, if any, is warranted.
How Our Litigation Support Services Can Help
The Ellis Fall Safety Team has visited hundreds of construction and plant sites from Florida to Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, and North Carolina. As an organization specializing in fall safety engineering and fall protection consultation, we are the industry experts in identifying areas in which regulations or codes were unmet and workplace safety procedures were incompetent. We have Registered Professional Structural Engineers with extensive experience in all aspects of fall protection on our team.
In Dr. Ellis’ latest edition of his seminal text, Introduction to Fall Protection 5th, he focuses on all types of liabilities and negligent areas of the workplace, often in places where the worker or supervisor wouldn’t even realize until it’s too late. For example, many workers have fallen to their death or have sustained severe injuries from breaking through commercial skylights. Skylights often can pass commercial inspections because they may seem sturdy in holding weight from snow or ice, but they simply cannot hold the weight of the average worker. When it comes to your litigation case, partnering with a group that has the proper knowledge of every fall safety detail could be the difference between winning and losing the case. Not only do we provide litigation support services for injured parties, but also organizations facing legal action.
Why Work With EFSS Litigation Support Services?
Ellis Fall Litigation offers several CVs of multiple experts in the field. When you partner with us, we will pair you with an expert who is most suitable for your unique case and has the necessary knowledge to support you thoroughly. Ellis Litigation Support services can cover it all!