These Ladder and Hatch Safety Devices meet US Army Corps of Engineer Requirements (EM 385-1-1) for horizontal grab bars. And ANSI A14.3-2008 section 220.127.116.11
Research findings funded by CPWR (NIOSH) at the University of Michigan shows how important it is to hold the ladder rungs and never the side rails:
Make Walk-Through Ladders Safer
This universal solution retrofits bar type side rails on fixed walk-through ladders
- Fits tightly in seconds
- Grab bars for the hands. Horizontal bars are reliable. Vertical bars are unreliable.
- Never hold side rails again!
Use GrabSafe, Bolts on easily
- Specials upon request
- GrabSafe product drawing for weld on application.
- GrabSafe product drawing for bolt on application.
- Grabsafe Literature and price sheet
- GrabSafe Spec.
Patent #6,095,283, Patent #6,347,685, Patent #6,619,428, Patent #D760,917, Licenses Available.
* ISFP Newsletter 1996 article titled “Gripping Ability on Rope Motion,” Report of Findings, October 1994. Study conducted by Kirk and Katie Mothney, British Colombia Council of Technical Rescue and “Ladder Rung vs.Siderail Hand Grip Strategies,” Article in April 2000 Safety Brief, Triodyno, Inc. Paper authored by Ralph L. Barnett and Peter J. Pockynok.
A worker was accessing an elevator pit ladder and held the side rail. His foot impacted a section of conduit against the wall and he fell 6 feet into the corner of the pit sustaining a fatal cervical injury.
A worker was climbing down from a tank catwalk. He was 3 feet below the walk-through section when he lost his footing. He fell 12 feet to the concrete below and was critically injured.
|A worker was accessing an elevator pit ladder and held the side rail. His foot impacted a section of conduit against the wall and he fell 6 feet into the corner of the pit sustaining a fatal cervical injury.||A worker was climbing down from a tank catwalk. He was 3 feet below the walk-through section when he lost his footing. He fell 12 feet to the concrete below and was critically injured.|
* Products manufactured and distributed by PS Doors, Leading Edge Safety, Anderson Ladder, or Incord.
Call 1-800-372-7775 extension 121 to order or order online below. Shipping charges will be calculated at the time the order is placed. If you are interested in ordering any of our products, please fill out and submit the order form below. Both Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required.